Sunday, April 21, 2013

More Painting

Eric, his mom, and his sister have been busy painting the heck out of our house! They've gotten everything primed, and a few rooms painted. The kitchen is done, and the yellow bedroom is mostly done. I love all the colors in the rooms! I can't wait until the living and dining rooms are finished! The kitchen looks very sharp from the picture. I really like the sage green and how it contrasts with the wood paneling.

We had  a mishap with the yellow bedroom so I need to figure out what I need to do to fix the paint yet. When Eric peeled the tape back, the paint peeled off with it. See the picture below....yuck. I think I am just going to peel off the rest of the loose paint and touch it up.

I am thankful for all the work they have been doing. I feel really bad that I haven't been able to help as much. I've been working 7 days a week between both jobs, so I feel pretty useless :( I bought Eric a little treat (a case of Grainbelt Nordeast) as a token of my appreciation of his hard work. All I can do from Duluth is cheer him on and save some money to put towards house supplies.

I'm slowly packing stuff  in Duluth here, in hopes of finding a job soon. I'll be ready to move as soon as I accept the offer. A lot of my stuff is already in Browns Valley. I've had a couple interviews but no offers. I'm not in a big hurry, but my lease is up in May...so it's either get a job or find someone to live with because I don't want to renew my lease. I'm moving the cats down to the house in May into the basement. The basement is nice and clean and will be a suitable place for them to live until the house gets completed. They probably won't like it, but there are worse places I can send them to live. It'll do for now. I'm going to miss them like crazy if I have to stay in Duluth for a long time though!




No comments:

Post a Comment