Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Great Sewer Debacle

This weekend, I went down into my basement of the apartment I live in to bring my belongings up to pack in my van....and it STUNK really bad. There also was about an inch of water on the floor...So I texted my landlord and told him that it smelled like ass in the basement and told him about the water. He asked me if I was exaggerating or if it really smelled bad. I was like, no! It really smells like sewer. So, he came over and took a look. 

Turns out the sewer was blocked up and he decided that it looked like a job that he couldn't take on by himself, so he had to call a plumber to take care of it. The plumber people couldn't get to my place until 11, and by this time I am already getting really tired because I just got off working an overnight. I was a wee bit cranky.

They tried pumping it out and there was SO MUCH stuff in the pipes that the pump BROKE! They said that baby wipes, among other things like oatmeal(?!???!?) and toothpicks had blocked it up.

At one point, (while I was enjoying my tasty lunch of fish sticks and mac 'n cheese) they had resorted to carrying my raw sewage out through my apartment as I was eating at the table. That was quite appetizing.

They tried getting the snake into the pipes and it kept getting jammed and by like 3pm, they gave up when the sewer main BROKE!

The next day they came in to start work at 12pm, but ended up not doing anything, so I stayed at a creepy, ghetto motel since I couldn't crap in my own home!

Yesterday, they brought a jackhammer in and had to go through the basement floor to try to fix the problem, and I guess they couldn't, so they temporarily rerouted the plumbing past the break. While they did the jackhammering, I packed up the three kitties and put them outside, so they were safely away from the loud noise. I didn't want to hurt their sensitive ears.

Apparently, today they are going to need to take a backhoe and dig up the yard...I am really hoping they can do the work completely on the outside so I can sleep in my own home now. I can't afford to stay in a motel for another night and risk being violated by creepers. Seriously. This motel is ghetto fabulous....pretty sure it's a rent by the hour type place, right on Superior Street.

Keep your fingers crossed that the work will be completed today and that I will be able to sleep (and poo) peacefully in my own home again!


The furkids outside, wondering what the heck that crazy noise is on the inside of the house:

No comments:

Post a Comment