Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Carpet!

I've been a busy bee on my weekends lately. I tried my hand at making apple butter in the crockpot.
I just cut up apples and threw them in with cinnamon and nutmeg.

I let it cook down for 8 hours and then gave it all a whirl in the blender.

If I stopped here, it would be applesauce. I let it cook down longer to thicken up for apple butter.


I also baked a couple pumpkins to freeze the meat of them for pumpkin pies. I roasted the seeds to make a healthy snack.


I also made a crockpot full of white chicken chili. NOM!


Eric came up to see me when he didn't have to work and I made him some porketta in the crockpot, and along with it, I made homemade from scratch biscuits. They were really plain so next time I'm going to spruce them up a bit with garlic and butter.



I'm gearing up to move, so I've sold my dresser and am hoping to sell my big cat tree and a few other items. I hope they sell so I can put gas in my crappy van. I had a flat tire this week and my awesome neighbor and landlord helped me out with switching the tire for a spare.

We also bought a 2013 Chevy Cruise so money is going to be even tighter for while.

Carpet got installed in our house! Phase 1 is complete. We are going to wait on Phase 2 until Spring.






No comments:

Post a Comment