Saturday, October 19, 2013

Window Treatments & Unpacking

Eric's sister Lindsey is awesome. She went and cleaned our house this week, so it was great that I can focus on a bunch of other odds and ends instead of cleaning today. Thanks Lindsey! I cleaned up two windows and dusted off the window sill in the living room.

I unpacked some boxes of dishes for the kitchen and sorted things that will be donated to Saver's and what will go on the garage sale. I unpacked some stuff for the bathroom, as well.
I put some panels up in the kitchen. We'll replace these when we have our coffee themed items bought :)

I ran the washing machine while I was there to make sure it works. It works GREAT! The only problem is that the connection for the hoses leaks, so it drips water all over the floor. Eric is going to have to add new seal. I'm assuming it's leaking because the seal is dried up and crappy.

I vacuumed and set up the furniture in the guest bedroom. The room is nice and spacious. I was pretty peeved to see that the carpet installers scratched paint off the walls in several places. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but we do not have any of that particular paint color left. I placed the bed so that the headboard covers up the two biggest spots. I'm excited to get the box spring and mattress in there so I can fix the bed and decorate the room. The light fixture we bought is too dim for the room, so I am on the hunt for a nice looking lamp to increase the light in the room. It's too dark without one.  I can't wait to host overnight guests!

The guest bedroom
Before picture of guest bedroom.




















I installed the curtain rod and panels for the living room windows, and rolled out the area rug we bought. The living room looks awesome. It's amazing how far we've come. I remember back when I felt hopeless looking at the living room when it was all torn up with plaster all over the carpet. The change is amazing!
We got these panels for a steal. 60% off at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!

I had to set chairs on it to keep it from rolling back up.
Before picture of the living room.


I brought in the shades for the dining room, as well as set up the table and chairs. We need some wall decorations in there, badly. It's such a big space and I need to figure out how to fill it without it looking cluttered.


I also installed curtain rods in the office, and measured the windows so I can buy valances for them. I put curtains on the kitchen window too.

Yesterday I got the hardware installed on the bathroom vanity. The bathroom is complete now! :)
This picture compares the old and new hardware.

Bad lighting for cell phone picture, but here's the finished product!


Everything is coming together. I am excited to get the rest of Eric and my stuff moved in so the house will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment