Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life Is Good

Man, it's been a while since I've blogged.

We're married now. The wedding and reception were flawless. We couldn't have asked for a better day. We're waiting on our pictures yet, but we've seen a couple of them and they look amazing! I was kind of bummed out that my sister chose not to come to our wedding but I didn't let it bother me. The people who really care and love us attended and it was a wonderful time.


I've been keeping busy on my weekends off in the garden. I've picked one round of strawberries- we ate some and froze some. There should be another batch of them in September. So far I have gotten 2 zucchinis and it doesn't appear that my cucumbers made it. I see lots of pumpkins and squash but no cucumbers.

I got 6 huge heads of cabbage and I'm currently prepping 2 heads for sauerkraut. Our carrots are really cool- they are white, purple, orange, yellow, and red. I'm probably going to work on canning some of those tonight.

We had a decent crop of beans. I canned 6 jars of it and gave some away. I hope my potatoes turn out. I have dug a few of them up. Jack went and got a hold of them and scattered potato particles all over the house....He is SO naughty!

I've been taking the cats outside a lot lately because the weather has been fabulous. Yesterday and the day before, all three cats were dive bombed by barn swallows. The birds did not appreciate the cats being outside so they relentlessly harassed them. All three came and hid under my chair. It was pretty fun.

Thanks for tuning in. I'll hopefully get back into blogging now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment