Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chicken Themed Birthday

I had a birthday this weekend and I got some chicken themed gifts! Eric's parents gave me a card and bought me some toasty boots for chicken chores. Dad and Terri sent a card and cash to buy something nice (which ended up going towards the boots and a necklace), and then Eric bought me a pitchfork, a scoop shovel, a chicken figurine, and he made me an automated coop door! How cool is that?! I have the coolest husband, parents, and in-laws!

He even cleaned out my chicken coop for me because I had to be in training all weekend for my part-time job, The weather was nice so he hung out with the ladies all day and cleaned their coop and made them a door. On my birthday after training, I went to Goodwill and saw a decent looking fake tree and took it home with me, so we have a Christmas tree up too!

We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this week so I've been busy tonight baking a cake. I can already tell it's going to be awesome. The batter and frosting are amazing. I hard boiled some eggs so I can make deviled eggs for an appetizer. I'll prep for some other goodies and clean tomorrow night. Let's hope the kitties can keep the house clean in the 24 hours leading up to Thanksgiving dinner! They can be SO furry and so messy!

It's been a busy few weeks with work and all. I can't think of what else to write about. So much has been going on.

Wellllll, and then there was the incident with the doll. I won't get into that too much. I had to get rid of my new antique doll I bought....something was wrong with it. Um...yeah. Back on eBay the doll went, so if you know of anyone looking for a spooky doll, let me know :)

Bought a little vanity to put my dolls on.

Jack.....
Eric's progress on the chicken door
Peanut butter frosting
Chocolate cake

Me and My new chicken gear

No comments:

Post a Comment